Original air date: April 24, 2013
Robert Neveu, President of Certify
Although we here at Certify already thought expense management played an integral part of successful business, we wanted to conduct a study to see if the numbers backed up our claims. Turns out, they do! We reached out to finance professionals from all over North America from organizations of all sizes, and asked them a few basic questions about their current expense management processes, as well as their future plans for managing spend within their organization.
After receiving responses from over 165 companies, we were able to analyze the data and produce this year's, “Travel & Expense Management Trends for 2013”. The data explores expense management practices from an overall standpoint, and also dives deeper into the results to provide insight for small business, mid-sized business, and enterprise level organizations.
Although we did receive responses from small, medium, and enterprise level companies, the segment with the most responses (35% of all responses) was enterprise level organizations, those with 1,000 employees or more.
- The key difference between expense management processes of small business and enterprise organizations
- The shift to cloud-based systems and the driving forces behind the switches
- Get connected: How integrating accounting, HR, travel, and expense systems improves efficiency, lowers costs & more
- The largest areas for improving the expense management processes
- Top financial pressures and pain points and how these differ between company sizes