Certify’s Streamlined Functionality Brings Client into Future of Expense Management
Saddle Creek Logistics Services delivers comprehensive integrated logistics solutions, including warehousing, transportation, packaging and e-fulfillment. The company, based in Lakeland, Florida, helps customers streamline operations and control supply chain costs. Saddle Creek Logistics has 2,100 employees nationwide.
Expense Management Challenges
For years the company had used an outdated expense application that still required employees to print expense reports and send to Accounting with paper receipts. Employees often complained about slow reimbursements due to the overall manual process. As the company grew, it needed a more streamlined processes and greater automation in finance, according to Eric Newman, the company’s corporate controller. Ultimately, the old system didn’t work when PCs were upgraded to newer versions of Windows. In 2011, Saddle Creek Logistics chose Certify, because it offered the workflow processes, tracking features, reporting, and scalability that the company desired and needed in an expense management solution.
“Certify is truly an intuitive and easy-to-use tool, but above all the company is so reactive to correct or respond to customer input. Early in our deployment we requested an additional approver workflow process, which Certify added within a few weeks. That is monumental; because it shows that they are listening to feedback and striving to make a better application for all customers," Eric Newman, Corporate Controller, Saddle Creek Logistics Services
Benefits from Certify
Today, 500 people in the company are using the system, from warehouse managers all the way up to senior executives. Not only do employees love the system for its intuitive interface and ease of use, but employees are receiving reimbursements five to seven days sooner, on average, says Newman.
Other Benefits Include
- Time savings include faster expense report creation, from Certify’s auto-population of data when receipts are scanned into the system or when using the Certify Mobile app.
- Certify’s reporting capabilities help the company with annual budget planning.
- Savings of over $40,000 from avoiding the payment of duplicate and out of policy items.
- Savings on postage from eliminating overnight mailings of manual expense reports.
- Integration with Lawson accounting system, eliminating data entry and errors.
- Reallocation of one fulltime accounting person from data entry duties to expense auditing and other functions, providing higher-level benefits to the company.
To download a copy of the client case study with Saddle Creek Logistics Services,"Certify’s Streamlined Functionality Brings Client into Future of Expense Management", click here.